Skip to main content

I Have Arrived & Thank You

     Hello all! I have officially arrived in Bangkok. It was a long ride here but I have finally made it. I wanted to take this time to thank all of you. Thank you for sending me money, for praying for me, encouraging me, and supporting me all around. I wouldn't be here without you. I won't lie being here is nerve wracking and I'm already homesick, but I'm also excited for the things in store and all that I know God is going to do in my time here. You have all made this possible and that's incredible.
     Special thanks to everyone who has provided enough cards and letters of encouragement to last me my whole trip. I don't even know everyone that gave Brooke cards to give to me but I am so excited to open them. I know each of them will be divinely timed and I will receive so much from them. I get to open the first one Monday!
     Church Family: I want to say thank you to everyone at LWC for being the most incredible and loving church family. I can't believe I've been part of the family for four years. Thank you for supporting me and being there with me through so much. Your prayers and encouragement are probably what got me on the plane. I have loved being part of the family and having a group of people that have been able and willing to help out whether I was sick, needed rides, encouragement, or whatever it was. I cannot imagine being part of a more loving or supportive church family. Special, thank you to Pastors Dan and Joan for being amazing leaders and pastors. You have always been there for me when I needed something and I am so grateful and blessed to not only be part of your congregation but also your family. I will miss all of you so much, but I hear six months goes by fast.
    NL: I am so blessed by everyone from NL Branson. I miss you guys and outreach already! Thank you for prayers and encouragement and edification. Thank you for the bits of information about Thailand I am being continually fed. It is so helpful. I'm praying that outreach grows more and more fruitful and that we get some men! Thank you, especially Savannah, Timmery, and Sarah, for helping me through this whole process and commissioning me to go. Take good care of John's truck for me.
     Friends: I have an amazing wonderful group of friends and you have each played a part in getting me here. To have such a strong support system is a huge blessing and I do not take it for granted. I love all of you so much. Mel, Sarah, Ashley, Megan, Kate; thank you all so much for your prayer and encouragement in this process. Each of you have seen me through so much and I appreciate it. You have dealt with my fears and struggles and have always pushed me to keep going and serving. I've learned much from each of you and you have all become my family...and I love your children so much! I am going to miss you. Thank you for getting me here. I couldn't have done it without you. Brooke, thank you for being the most amazing best friend ever. Thank you for talking me through all of my wacky emotions and fears. Thank you for letting me cry when the time came. Thank you for knowing me so well that you know exactly what I'll need while here and orchestrating such an amazing gift of love and encouragement by gathering so many cards and letters. You have seen all of the struggles and achievements I've faced and passed through and you have walked through each of them with me and this is no different. You have encouraged me and challenged me to be a better person and Christ lover. I can't wait to see you. Thank you for getting me on that plane and not letting me back out. I love all of you and I'm praying for you as I know you're praying for me.
     Family: I wouldn't be able to do any of this if it wasn't for my family. Thank you for putting up with me, raising me, and encouraging me in everything I do. B, thank you for being a wonderful sister. You always know to say even if it's not what I want to hear. I am so proud of you and blessed to have you as a sister and friend. Thank you for all of the letters, prayer, and scriptures. I can't imagine life without you. You are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I know you are going to do amazing things, you already have. You are a forced to be reckoned with for the kingdom of God and I love you. Mom & Dad, I love you guys more than I can ever express. Thank you for raising me to love and serve Christ above all else and for being prime examples of that. You have encouraged me in so many ways through my whole life. You have held me while I cry, mainly this week haha, and celebrated with me when I was full of joy. You have always been there for me and I am thankful you always will be. I miss you, but I know this time will go by quickly. I am honored and blessed to have you as parents. I wouldn't be able to do much of anything, let alone this trip, without you. Thank you for everything. I love you.
     Once again, thank you to everyone who has been part of this process. Right now I'm asking prayer just for transition. I am a little homesick and jet lagged. Please pray for that. I love you all. Everyone who has prayed and supported is a huge blessing and I can't wait to share this adventure with you all.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the tears. Love the update. Cant believe its only been 4 years. I'm very proud of the woman you've becone. Continue strong. Change lives. Much love ;) -Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're getting to go to our founding office in BKK! You're going to be able to influence our ladies, encourage the other team members, and be strengthened by God through this whole adventure. This is not a mistake, luck, chance, or a fluke--YOU are in Bangkok, at this time, for this season, because God can use you. Go get'em Tiger!!! God will use this and YOU for His glory!!!! I miss you, and John's truck is in good hands temporarily... *grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do not hurt John's truck! I need it for many life endeavors. I already have it claimed for wedding transportation and my funeral!
      Thank you Timmery :) I think you should come to Bangkok again!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Seven Year Dream

     Just in case you missed it. I finished my month of training with ISM and I am now at my internship. I am so thankful for my amazing month with ISM. I was able to learn so much and grow with an amazing group of people. The likelihood of falling flat on my face without the help of ISM would be much greater than it is now that I was able to spend that time in training and transition. However, I am so happy to finally be at Nightlight working and serving. I serve in the office as an office assistant, but within that role I am blessed to be able to do a number of different things. I do some data entry, work sales, clean the showroom, give tours, attend outreach, I have the opportunity to teach English once a week for some of the women, and I help with whatever else needs to be done.      Some times working in an office or cleaning a room can seem mundane and pointless, but when I truly stop and think about the reality of where I am and what I'm doing I find myself being blown away

Daydreaming to Training

1 Timothy 4:7-8 "Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."      Right before New Years I read this verse during my morning time with Jesus and as soon as I read it, it cut deep. As soon as I read it I knew that God was going to start working on me and speaking to me about everything this verse contained, if I was willing to let him. I wrote the passage down on a note card and tucked it into my Bible in a place I knew I would see it everyday. I would read it every day, pray it every day, and work on really applying it to my life.      If you click on over to the "about" page on this blog you'll find that I am a self-declared "avid daydreamer." I am someone who has, my entire life, lived somewhere on the line between reality and fiction. If asked t