Skip to main content

Relaunch: Get To Know The Blogger

     I have been thinking about restarting this blog for a while now, I have several topics I want to discuss and cover. The purpose of this blog was never supposed be just Thailand and reentry and yet that's what it has become. It became a memorial to a small snippet of my life. I don't want it to stay that way, I want it to become active and engaging again. I want it to matter. While there are a list of things I want to write about; serious things, impertinent things, things that I believe in and I'm passionate about. However, for a small relaunch I wanted to do a little re-get to know me. I got these "Meet the Blogger" questions from The Tully Tales, so let's go.

What’s your Favorite Book? This is a tough one because I am an avid reader and I read so many different genres and authors. I'm going to go with Hope Was Here by Joan Bauer. It has been one of my favorites since I was in elementary school and reread it every year. I also love Anne of Green Gables, To All The Boys I've Loved Before, and anything by Ally Carter or Sarah Dessen
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Vanilla...I know I'm boring.
What’s your most embarrassing childhood memory? When I was about 6 I accidentally went into the men's restroom at a restaurant and went to the bathroom. While I was in the stall a couple of guys came in and started using the restroom. I tried to leave...I didn't understand the concept of urinal placement in the bathroom. It was mortifying.  
What are your 3 Favorite Movies?
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Gifted
3. Anne of Green Gables
What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever been? Koh Samet, Thailand. It is my favorite place on earth!
What accomplishment are you most proud of? As of now I'm honestly just proud of the progress I've helped kids make at my current job. I'm a paraprofessional in an elementary school.
Who would you like to live like for a day? Beanie Feldstein because I love her and she just looks like she has such a fun life.
If you could ask your pet 3 questions, what would they be?
1. What do you do when we're not at the house?
2. Are you afraid of the dark or is it just hard to see?
3. How do you pick your human?
When you’re having a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better? I drive around aimlessly with the music as loud as it will go, read a book, or go for a walk.
Using one word, how would you describe your family? Passionate
Who is the kindest person you know? Sai, she is seriously the kindest, sweetest person I have ever met and I miss her face.
What is the scariest movie you’ve ever seen? The Great Mouse Detective...don't @ me. It's true.
Who’s your celebrity crush? Sebastian Stan and/or Chris Evans.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? That I haven't been, Israel.
If you could shop for free at one store, which would you choose? Any book store or Maurice's
As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A dolphin trainer.
What’s your favorite day of the week? Saturday
Who would play you in a movie about your life? Beanie Feldstein
What’s the one food you could never bring yourself to eat? Liver.
What’s your pet peeve? When people use the word Nazi as a synonym for anal...it's just...let's not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Have Arrived & Thank You

     Hello all! I have officially arrived in Bangkok. It was a long ride here but I have finally made it. I wanted to take this time to thank all of you. Thank you for sending me money, for praying for me, encouraging me, and supporting me all around. I wouldn't be here without you. I won't lie being here is nerve wracking and I'm already homesick, but I'm also excited for the things in store and all that I know God is going to do in my time here. You have all made this possible and that's incredible.      Special thanks to everyone who has provided enough cards and letters of encouragement to last me my whole trip. I don't even know everyone that gave Brooke cards to give to me but I am so excited to open them. I know each of them will be divinely timed and I will receive so much from them. I get to open the first one Monday!       Church Family: I want to say thank you to everyone at LWC for being the most incredible and loving church family. I can't bel

Seven Year Dream

     Just in case you missed it. I finished my month of training with ISM and I am now at my internship. I am so thankful for my amazing month with ISM. I was able to learn so much and grow with an amazing group of people. The likelihood of falling flat on my face without the help of ISM would be much greater than it is now that I was able to spend that time in training and transition. However, I am so happy to finally be at Nightlight working and serving. I serve in the office as an office assistant, but within that role I am blessed to be able to do a number of different things. I do some data entry, work sales, clean the showroom, give tours, attend outreach, I have the opportunity to teach English once a week for some of the women, and I help with whatever else needs to be done.      Some times working in an office or cleaning a room can seem mundane and pointless, but when I truly stop and think about the reality of where I am and what I'm doing I find myself being blown away

Daydreaming to Training

1 Timothy 4:7-8 "Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."      Right before New Years I read this verse during my morning time with Jesus and as soon as I read it, it cut deep. As soon as I read it I knew that God was going to start working on me and speaking to me about everything this verse contained, if I was willing to let him. I wrote the passage down on a note card and tucked it into my Bible in a place I knew I would see it everyday. I would read it every day, pray it every day, and work on really applying it to my life.      If you click on over to the "about" page on this blog you'll find that I am a self-declared "avid daydreamer." I am someone who has, my entire life, lived somewhere on the line between reality and fiction. If asked t